On Tuesday, May 1st, VLPRA and The Miracle League of Valdosta broke ground on the new Miracle Field Complex at Freedom Park. The complex will include a two-dimensional rubberized Miracle Field as well as four standard baseball fields. It will also include a pavilion and concession/restroom building which will all be fully accessible. Plus, there will be a boundless playground where children of all abilities can play together. We are incredibly grateful for our partnership with the Miracle League of Valdosta and for the support of our elected officials and the community. This project is happening because of the dedication of big-hearted people and the athletes it will benefit are inspiring, brave, and determined. Thank you to everyone who attended: board members, elected officials, donors, sponsors, GRPA representatives, athletes, volunteers, and community members. Thank you to Big El at Hot 102.7, Big Nicks, and Chick-fil-A for the food and atmosphere. We can’t wait to see the final product at the end of the year!
Design by JAMES HORNSBY
In partnership with the Valdosta-Lowndes Rec Dept, plans are currently underway for the construction of a fully accessible complex that will be located at Freedom Park.
The Miracle Field will include:
- A synthetic, rubber-surfaced baseball field to make mobility devices travel more smoothly during play!
- The field will also include U10 soccer field, full length basketball court and 8 – 50 meter track lanes.
- A handicap accessible concession stand, which will also provide working opportunities for mentally and physically challenged children and adults.
- A fully functional, handicap accessible playground. Complete with wheel-chair swing sets!
- A pavilion that includes handicap accessible bathrooms.
- An amphitheater seating that will stretch from the left field to just past center field.
Overview of Freedom Park showing the 5 new fields in which one is The Miracle League of Valdosta.
Overview of The Miracle League Field of Valdosta!