HomeRun Derby for The Miracle League of Valdosta
The HomeRun Derby takes place on, Saturday, June 7, 2014; 9:00 am at Valdosta State University Baseball Complex, Billy Grant Field; 2601 N. Patterson St., Valdosta, GA 31602. For more details click here Home Run Debry Info
Registration is open:
Parents and Siblings will have to register by clicking the link below.
Miracle League Players are FREE and will need to follow the link below, sign in with your family account, select the participant and register for the Home Run Derby Event. Make certain you complete the check out process even though there is no cost. Miracle League Player Registration Only
- 1 Batter – $20
- 2 -3 Batters – $15 each
- 4 or more Batters – $12.50 each
- Team (up to 10) – $200.00.
- Miracle League players – free
- no limit
- no refunds
- I give authorization to the above listed person to participate in the Homerun Derby of the Miracle League of Valdosta. I know that participation in baseball may result in serious injuries and that there are numerous risks for injuries to players and even potentially to spectators, nonetheless I hereby waive, release, absolve, indemnify, and agree to hold harmless the Miracle League of Valdosta and their organizers, sponsors, agents, insurers, supervisors, participants, and volunteers from any claim arising out of any injury to my child or me whether the result of negligence or of any other cause.
- I hereby grant the Miracle League of Valdosta, its affiliates, franchises, and advertising and promotional agencies, and their agents, the irrevocable, unrestricted right to use, publish, display and distribute materials bearing my name, voice, likeness or any other identifiable representation of myself, my family members including my Miracle League of Valdosta player. These materials may appear in any form, style, color or medium whatsoever (including, without limitation, photographs, video tapes, films, sound recordings, software, drawings, prints, broadcast, internet and electronic media). I agree that all material containing any identifiable representation of me (including without limitation, all negatives, plates, and masters of photographs, files, prints, or tapes) shall be and remain the sole and exclusive property of the Miracle League of Valdosta. I hereby release and forever discharge the Miracle League of Valdosta from any and all liability and damages relating to the use of my name, voice, likeness or any other identifiable representation of me. I hereby waive any right I may have to inspect or approve the finished materials or any part or element thereof that incorporates my name, voice, likeness, or any other identifiable representations of myself, my family including my Miracle League of Valdosta player.
- I acknowledge that I have fully read and understand this document and that I have had any questions regarding its effect or the meaning of its terms answered to my satisfaction. I certify that I am a least 18 years of age, unless this document is also signed by my parent or legal guardian.
- Trophy for the Home Run Champion in each bracket
- All regular registrants will be guaranteed a drawstring bag and trading pin; these items will be available for late/onsite registrants until supplies run out
Blurb on who is benefiting
- Group 3 of the Leadership Lowndes Class of 2014 is organizing the 2014 Homerun Derby in support of The Miracle League of Valdosta. We are doing this to raise awareness about the organization and to help raise funds for the building of the specialized field.
Categories w qualifying ages; prizes
- Age 4-6: the grass infield will be the homerun boundary, hit of tee
- Ages 7-8: the outfield will be the homerun boundary, coach pitch
- Ages 9-10: 175’, pitching machine
- Ages 11-13: 225’, pitching machine
- Ages 14+: 300’, pitching machine
- The Miracle League participants: A hit will be considered a homerun
- Celebrity: 300’, celebrity pitcher, softball toss
- Jammie Wilbanks: firstname.lastname@example.org
- There is a tab on Miracle League of Valdosta’s website. Click on About Tab, then upcoming events and then Home Run Derby
- The 4-6 and 7-8 age groups and the Miracle League players will get 7 outs
- All other groups will get 5 outs
- 3 skipped pitches in row is an out
- Concessions: donuts, coffee, hotdogs, chips, drinks, chick fil a, etc.
- Free activities (will accept donations) for the kids: bounce houses, wall ball, 60-yard dash, face paint, meet Blaze and the VSU Baseball and Softball players
- Silent Auction: Wild Adventures passes, Disney World passes, VSU all-sport passes, and more
- Online registration only (credit card)
- Miracle League participants/players will be free
Celebrities in attendance
- Mike Smith
- Dan Kerrigan
- Scott James
- Coach David Dean